Still Thriving...

Still Thriving...
Have You Scheduled Your Mammogram??!!

Monday, January 13, 2014

Pass The Chemo to The Left Hand Side...

Hello New York,

I've been surprised at the number of people I've spoken to who are unaware of the progress NY State has made in getting marijuana legalized for medical reasons. I for one am not the most learned, I'm pretty ignorant about most world news and I'm the last person with whom you'll want to discuss politics because I abhor them. But this to me is a topic of great interest to me.  Read: Cuomo and Marijuana in NYS .

I did bring up the topic with my rather conservative oncology nurse today and I was only slightly surprised by her reaction: "I don't know what's going on with our world. It's all turning to pot!" (Hrmpf.)  Before I could snicker she realized what she'd said and turned to me with wide eyes and said, "Literally!" and stomped away.  I dunno. Alcohol can kill you and it's legal. Cigarettes can kill you and they're legal. Chances are marijuana on its own will not kill you and might even help you!! One week I was so sick from my (first) chemo that I thought I'd never feel human again. I wanted to shut out the world for what I thought would be the rest of my life. Each minute that passed seemed like an eternity and no amount of anti-nausea medication, ginger tea, or crackers was going to help me. I hadn't thought about it at the time, but just maybe, if Mary Jane had made a house call, perhaps I could've have gotten that week of my life back. The nurse today said the patients she knew who "used"pot while undergoing chemo, reported that they got sick from it, only adding fuel to her argument. I asked her, Had they every smoked before? How old were they? Is it possible they just smoked too much? Did they eat it? Did they get it from a reliable source? She had no answers. I can attest that in a serious time of need, not quite the level of nausea I mentioned above, but definitely feeling extremely queasy, a little bit of "medical" chocolate or cookie is what the proverbial doctor ordered. I was mellow, the queasiness ceased and the last thing on my mind was cancer. That, dear reader, is what I call relief.

I say east, say west, say north and south (on the left hand side) 
This is gonna make us jump and shout (on the left hand side)
                                        --Musical  Youth



He're...

Love,


The Boob Blogger

1 comment:

  1. I love the tone of your blog. I love the honesty and I love the information. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete