Still Thriving...

Still Thriving...
Have You Scheduled Your Mammogram??!!

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Greetings from Port Authority

Hi ya'll... rePORTing back to you to advise that the procedure went OK. Mom and Sandy accompanied me to Lenox Hill. After filling out several forms and a lot of waiting time I was brought into the cold operating room where I was introduced to the staff. I must say one nurse was nicer than the other, the surgeon, or rather, radiology interventionist, did his best to comfort me and I always felt as if I were in good hands. My only question is why are shoes without booties permitted in the operating room? I had to wear a mask during my procedure just so I wouldn't breathe on myself to avoid risk of infection. Everything else is super sterile, but you can wear your shoes and I even did so while I was lying on the table (I only had to undress from waist up). 

The actual procedure started at 11:45AM but I wasn't brought into recovery until about 2PM. I was super groggy, eventually got to eat a sandwich and drink some apple juice and after an hour or two I got to go home. The area hurts or is rather sore but it's not bad enough that I need hard core pain killers. It's black and blue and has medical strips on it that will fall off within seven to ten days; I can only sponge bath for four days. I took off the big bandage this afternoon.

My new device was aptly named Port Authority by my friend Hillary; first because I'm a New Yorker and second because I still have authority over my life! I really couldn't attempt to read about Port Authority until I came home yesterday and checked out the brochure. Here's the most basic information about it:


I have to carry a little card with me to give to nurses any time it's utilized or if it sets off the alarms at the airport. Just think, I may be the reason you miss a flight one day because I held up security. 

Thanks for everyone's supPORT.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Love, 

The Boob Blogger

 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to the toughest mutha I know. Love you, Bels.

    ReplyDelete