Still Thriving...

Still Thriving...
Have You Scheduled Your Mammogram??!!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Chicken Soup is Good For The Soul (c)

WOW, what a day! I'm like a new person.

No, I didn't have a day at the spa. No, I didn't climb a huge mountain. No, I didn't see a new episode of the Graham Norton Show (sadly, I've watched all of those). Nope, today I went to work (made it til 4:00PM) and ate chicken soup!

You must think I lead a very uneventful life but let me tell you, after being bedridden for five days and existing on nothing but toxins, Imodium, Saltines and ginger tea*, this was huge!! Weak and tired I dragged my sorry arse into work and was met with a variety of comments including, Hey, are you alright? And, Liz, you look beat up, you should go home! OK, one co-worker said I looked as lovely as ever to which I replied, Now I know you're lying.

After putting out fires for a few hours it was time to head home. On the way out I told my boss, I have a hunger pang!! This meant nothing to him. He said, so, go eat something. Durrr. I was hungry! HUNGRY! This was such a great sign! Anyway, Mom said she wanted to come by...I just want to look at you.... I'll watch you nap. Who can resist? And, it's her b'day tomorrow. We both fessed up we hadn't done anything for one another's b'days this year as we've been wrapped up in the X Factor. So she came by and I ordered in some good ol' fashioned chicken soup with a few potatoes and carrots. Yummmmmmmm....the elixer of the sick gods. It was heavenly and if not for my mom telling me to be careful, I would've demolished the whole container. Shortly after my brother and his wife stopped by with some provisions (e.g. Gatorade) and we caught up with this n that with a few 100 Seinfeld jokes in between.

After they left, I made another batch of ginger tea, spoke to my Shmoopy and now I'm doing my daily homework prescribed by the Integrative Healing Coach I met yesterday (remember, writing makes me happy) before retiring to bed.

Believe it or not, this has been the highlight of 2013 for me, and I'm glad to be able to share it with you!

Remember to stop and smell the roses!

Love,

eLiz.

PS. Sandy told me how to make this tea. Boil four c. of water. Cut a 2" piece of ginger, thinly slice it and toss in water; let it simmer for 20 minutes. Strain ginger. Let cool. Add a tad of honey to taste to one c. This tea is soothing and invigorating and great for nausea should you need it.

3 comments:

  1. Liz, I can feel the energy you got from having a good day today, all the way to Sweden. This because of your great blogg, thank you so much for sharing! LOVE / Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. People would pay two or three dollars for a cup of tea like that in a restaurant.

    ReplyDelete