Still Thriving...

Still Thriving...
Have You Scheduled Your Mammogram??!!

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Chemo. One Size Does Not Fit All.

Happy New Year one and all!

Many of you have been asking me how I'm feeling on the Xeloda. The answer is, kind of crappy but it could always be worse. I'm experiencing a lot of nausea and stomach issues. I spoke with my doc who told me to stop taking it until the next cycle's scheduled to begin. My usual cycle is 2x/day for 14 days, off for seven days, then start again. Today would've been day 10 of 14. I'll refrain from taking any more until Monday, January 14th and the dose will be cut. To quote the dr, "You can have 10 patients on Xeloda and  you'll have 10 different schedules for them." Unfortunately it's not a perfect science, but rather more like trial and error to see what each person can tolerate.

I'm doing my best to remain positive but right now all I can think of is toast.

Wow, this is the most boring entry I've ever written.

I guess they cannot all be winners!

xoxox

P.S. Check out the Boob Blog on "Wonder Women! The Untold Story of American Superheroines!" http://wonderwomendoc.com/blog/ My friend Kelcey, a true Wonder Woman, thought Twin Peeks was Wonder Woman worthy of her film's site. I'm quite flattered!

No comments:

Post a Comment