Still Thriving...

Still Thriving...
Have You Scheduled Your Mammogram??!!

Monday, April 15, 2013

Can Sure Use Some Super Powers Right About Now....

Hi All,

I'm going to TRY and keep this brief as the last thing I want is to draw attention to me (ME!) on the eve of such a horrible tragedy. I've yet to collect my thoughts about what happened in Boston today and there's certainly no way I can express them at this time.

The purpose of my writing was to share good news about others...I'd like to think we can always use some good news.

I shared a wonderful two hours with my friend Michael this weekend. He was in from LA for three short days and I'm so grateful he made time to see me. For those who don't know my fellow Capricorn, he and I met at Estee Lauder back in 2000. Michael was working as a permanent temp (yes, such a thing exists) and was the assistant to our boss, but more importantly, was one of the few things (people) I liked about what I call the best worst job I ever had. (I hated the job, but I love what I took away from the experience.) Michael and I have remained friends ever since I was nearly carried out of that place in a straight jacket (my lipstick applied perfectly, of course) and I lovingly refer to him as one of my favorite people in the world. Michael is one of the most honest, sincere, funny, intelligent, evolved, persevering people I know; when he puts his mind to something, he gets it. Which brings me to why he came to NY...Michael's pregnant! Michael is a single, gay man (quite handsome, too for those who wish to apply) who is adopting a newborn baby scheduled (c-section) to be delivered in May. He came to meet the birth mother who is unable to take on the responsibility of a fourth child. The adoption process is not an easy one but Michael knew if he didn't do it now, it wouldn't happen, so he took every measure necessary to have his dream realized and I just know he will be an unbelievable parent (he fortunately has a lot of family near by to assist him and his soon to be traumatized ShihTzu, Todd). This isn't the reason I'm writing about Michael, buuuuuttt, since I have your attention.........when Michael leaves with the baby, he will need to spend two weeks in NY before he can return to LA. If ANYONE knows of an apartment in which he and baby can crash during this time, would you let me know? I've no room in the Barbie Dreamhouse but if I did, I'd welcome him with open arms...... Michael, I love you and I cannot wait to  see you with a diaper bag and spit on your clothes. 

My second announcement is that Pauletta Brooks, the amazingly thoughtful and talented jeweler I referred to in my last blog entry, is having a trunk show May 1-3 in her Chelsea studio. For those of you who are interested, drop me a line and I'll give you the details. I cannot wait to find the perfect amethyst piece; I plan to attend May 2nd. 

Next, I want to mention that I've opened my blog up to Google advertisers and I hope you don't think I'm selling out! The idea is that I'll have more of a presence on the web and hopefully be able to share my story with those in need of support. In the two weeks I've been doing this, I've earned, get this,  $1.72! Woo hoo! Whatever money I make, I plan to donate to The Gilda Club in memory of my dear friend Joan who passed away two years ago after years of struggling with breast cancer. I miss Joan terribly, everyone who knew her does, and I cannot bring myself to write any more about her than what you're reading now.

Last, I'm going to recommend a great distraction from today's sad news. At 10pm EST on PBS (check your local listing), my friend Kelcey's Wonder Women! documentary is going to air. Back in January, Twin Peeks had the honor and privilege of being featured on the film's website (go back a few entries). I've yet to see the film although it's been screening like crazy (worldwide!) and has been receiving the most positive feedback. If there ever was a time we could use the help of Wonder Woman, it is definitely today. So let's everybody channel those super positive healing powers and send our prayers and positive thoughts to Boston. 

Sorry I couldn't help but talk about myself just a teensy weensy bit. I truly hope you do get to tune in to the movie tonight. 

Meanwhile, thanks for tuning in here.

Wishing everyone a peaceful evening...

Love,

BoobBloggerBelson

2 comments:

  1. Liz-
    (WonderWoman)...I may have a lead for your friend Michael's stay in NYC
    Pauletta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never understood the invisible plane Wonder Woman flew on The Superfriends. I mean, you couldn't see the plane but you could see her piloting the damn thing. It goes without saying that any kind of Mile High Club activity would be in full view as well, which would surely cause countless midair disasters.

    ReplyDelete