Still Thriving...

Still Thriving...
Have You Scheduled Your Mammogram??!!

Friday, October 19, 2007

Got Milk?

Food for thought:

Some of my blood work came back and it appears that my Vitamin D levels are extremely low. There has been research done connecting low levels of D with various cancers including BC, neurological diseases (e.g. MS), Diabetes1, bone loss and other conditions.

The normal range is from 10-60.
But less than 30 is considered insuffienct.
Less than 20 is deficient.

Mine was 8.4.

Dr. Dana said she's only seen two patients in her medical history with levels that low.

It would make some sense seeing as I do my best to avoid the sun b/c of my skin's sensitivity to it.

So I'm off to the tanning parlor and with my new tats, I should be looking fiiiine.

Kidding.

If you don't get a lot of sun though, you may want to consider getting your levels checked and eating a lot of tuna, salmon, sardines, mackerel, dairy and egg yolks--all of course depending on what you personal dietary needs/restrictions are. That being said, I do eat many of these foods but again, I avoid the sun. So I'm now taking extra supplements.
Moo.


No comments:

Post a Comment