Still Thriving...

Still Thriving...
Have You Scheduled Your Mammogram??!!

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Next Step...


Today I made my SIM appointment. I'm lucky I called when I did because I got the last slot available for a while. As it is I should've done this a week or two ago. Regardless, I was told that the timing is fine and many people have been known to wait to begin treatment a lot longer than me.

The appointment is November 15th @ 11:30 and will take a good portion of the day. I'll be getting the freckle tats and all the markings and perhaps they do a dry run? I haven't gotten all the vernacular down yet. I'm just glad this is in the works already. On the 15th I'll be able to make the 2nd appointment necessary before I can begin the actual radiation. Can't make it any sooner so the date is TBD. I still need to understand what will transpire at that appt. Maybe that's the dry run day. I know they'll be using films taken on the 15th so I'm guessing they do the final calibration and note the settings of the machinery.

I'm off to see T+A and tonight I'll start the first dose of T. If I turn into a mad woman, we won't know if it's the drug or the Halloween moon or both. Speaking of Halloween, this is the first one ever that I did not have one piece of candy. Living sugar free wasn't too easy in the beginning but the cravings are definitely dissipating.

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. Your emails mean a lot to me. Feel free to post them on here too if there's anything you want to share with others.

Trick or treat!

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment