Still Thriving...

Still Thriving...
Have You Scheduled Your Mammogram??!!

Friday, August 31, 2007

A Wait Off My Chest...

The BRCA tests arrived after only two vs three weeks. What a relief to finally hear back and results were fortunately nega-tiv-oooo. Although one still has to do proper screening, the odds are no longer 60+% more that Ovar/BC will come within the next ten years. This just means getting tested as told and living a very healthy lifestyle. I think I can handle that. Had the results been otherwise, I would've have prophylactically removed some good parts. It must be difficult for women to do that and I was somewhat prepared to, but was more concerned for the side affects. Well, at least for now, I don't have to think about it.

Next steps:

Dear Dr. Osborne:

I spoke with Karen O. and the BRCA results came in early--as suspected, they are negative. I will send Karen a letter stating that it's ok to release the results to you.

That being said, you'll have my core biop slides from MSKCC by Monday or Tuesday and I'm waiting for the authorization # for the MRI . Perhaps we can move the surgery date up from the 19th? I prefer to have it sooner rather than later.

I decided to go with Lumpectomy vs the Mastectomy despite any possible chance of disfigurement. It hit me shortly after I learned about the test results. And when I was mulling it over in my mind, I was walking along W. 57th St., looked up and there was a building canopy on which it said: The Osborne. Talk about a sign.

Please let me know about the date. I am very flexible.

Have a wonderful holiday weekend,

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment